Hey It’s Jet Here.
The NBA Championship begins tonight between our Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Here at Casa Jet, we will tail-gate… RIGHT MOM? In case Mom needed some K9 inspiration, I shared the following link from Rodale for 5 healthy treats. HINT, HINT! What? These require a dehydrator? Hmpf… this will not do… at least for tonight…
What Mom? … Mom asked me, one of her Kitchen K9s, to share a human recipe capturing the Miami Heat theme as well as the backyard mangos which have started to drop. Then she requested a K9 recipe capturing the Miami Heat theme, however, with different fruit, since mangos are not the best for K9s. Scooby Doo Academy trained Investigator Jetty on the job!
Pineapple-Mango Chili Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start off by making simple syrup – bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Add mango and pineapple to a blender or food processor and puree. Mix in simple syrup, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer, and discard all solids.
- Pour into Popsicle molds, and wait patiently while the freezer works its magic. (Mom, The Kitchen Counselor, says you can make a granita if you do not have molds!)
Smoothie Dog Treat
- 1 cup melon (no seeds) – (Jet: must be cantaloupe for Heat colors, unless you find a deep reddish color watermelon!)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- Puree the fruit together in a blender to make a smoothie.
- Once you have made the smoothie, you can either serve it straight away, (freeze in ice cube trays – our idea!) or freeze in containers to make a special fruit Popsicle. .
- Don’t forget that you can stir in applesauce instead of pureeing apples for your smoothie.
Another, Let’s Go Heat, Let’s Feed Jetty, day!