Hey It’s Jet Here.
Thanks to Sugar and Kol for initiating Tasty Tuesdays, today is our tenth participating post!
The NBA Championship begins tonight between our Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Here at Casa Jet, we will tail-gate… RIGHT MOM? In case Mom needed some K9 inspiration, I shared the following link from Rodale for 5 healthy treats. HINT, HINT! What? These require a dehydrator? Hmpf… this will not do… at least for tonight…
What Mom? … Mom asked me, one of her Kitchen K9s, to share a human recipe capturing the Miami Heat theme as well as the backyard mangos which have started to drop. Then she requested a K9 recipe capturing the Miami Heat theme, however, with different fruit, since mangos are not the best for K9s. Scooby Doo Academy trained Investigator Jetty on the job!
Pineapple-Mango Chili Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start off by making simple syrup – bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Add mango and pineapple to a blender or food processor and puree. Mix in simple syrup, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer, and discard all solids.
- Pour into Popsicle molds, and wait patiently while the freezer works its magic. (Mom, The Kitchen Counselor, says you can make a granita if you do not have molds!)
Smoothie Dog Treat
- 1 cup melon (no seeds) – (Jet: must be cantaloupe for Heat colors, unless you find a deep reddish color watermelon!)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- Puree the fruit together in a blender to make a smoothie.
- Once you have made the smoothie, you can either serve it straight away, (freeze in ice cube trays – our idea!) or freeze in containers to make a special fruit Popsicle. .
- Don’t forget that you can stir in applesauce instead of pureeing apples for your smoothie.
Another, Let’s Go Heat, Let’s Feed Jetty, day!