Hey It’s Jet Here.
Last night, the streaky lights lasted for hours. Mom returned home around 9:30 p.m. and our last empty the tank happened at 6:00 p.m. Mom fully intended to carry out our evening constitutional, except due to the storm, there was no chance in you know what that JJ and I had any intention of leaving safe, secure, Casa Jet.
Mom completely understood and suggested we snuggle in for the second game of the NBA finals, which she had on “tape delay.” Little Miss Barkarooni has now showed her full storm behavior and barks EVERY time a streaky light or boom occurs, while shivering like a leaf. Mom considered putting those soft eye covers humans use to block out light for a good night’s sleep. My human sister, Rachel, used them when she was little.
JJ enjoyed bursts of distraction fetching her toys a few times in a row before catching on to Mom’s strategy. Mom hoped JJ would tire and poop out from exhaustion… REALLY? Have you not noticed we call her Jumping JJ for a reason? Anyway, Mom thought it interesting that I acted more mellow than usual. Her conclusion: while the streaky lights were constant, the booms were few and far between.
We thought the streaky lights set the perfect backdrop for the White Hot Heat theme/flame motif etc… and wondered if the HEAT organization ordered streaky lights on purpose. We concluded they did not because those naughty streaky lights interupted the tv reception and made lots of fans mad! BTW, Mom hugged me hard the last one minute, peeking through my fur until the Heat won!
Anyway, this morning, Mom thought JJ and I would do our business quickly and efficiently because we had to (excuse the boldness…) “hold it” all night. We left the garage to the right. I sniffed:
- The corner street sign surrounded by oodles of firecracker plants… not the right vibe,
- Crossed to the other side and sniffed two tall trees surrounded by tall, dark green spider plants… almost assumed the empty the tank position and changed my mind…
- Trotted to the next lawn, onto the sidewalk, onto the grass by the next street sign (a Jetty fave) paused… took in the scents and … nope, nothing…
- Skipped the swail by 2 houses because of Buddy, the golden’s barking across the street.
- Passed the next corner’s street sign and the wall (both concrete and bush) shielding Max the Beagle’s house from the world.
- Turned another corner and got distracted by Max the Beagle’s feline brother, Salem,
- Finally found the small island at Miss Mary Ann’s house, investigated the first area with spider plant, dismissed the location and selected the rocky area instead. (Yes, this is the area where Miss Mary Ann told Mom two days ago a racer snake had wriggled from.) He had to know Jetty was there!
Mom had that flummoxed face the whole time. She couldn’t understand why I needed to study, investigate, observe, examine, explore, check out, look over, probe and reconnoiter (vocab builder) all my favorite spots without emptying my tank! Mom, Mom, Mom, you poor human with a pedestrian (vocab builder) olfactory system… you cannot imagine the subtleties I sniffed out this morning. Selecting a tank emptying location requires finesse Mom… it’s one of those things…
Another great, selective, day. (we’ll add pictures a little later…)