Hey, It’s Jet Here.
For my Spring Semester Scooby Doo Academy Psychology class, we must run experiments. After one of our morning constitutionals last week, Mom pointed out a possible opportunity. Living in South Florida, lots of governmental humans feel the urge to plant rows of palm trees on major roads to increase the “elegant” factor. I’m certainly not complaining; they provide wonderful sniffing and emptying the tank locations. One certain side effect for the homeowners; palm fronds routinely falling and blocking sidewalk and driveway access.
The scent of a downed palm frond always catches my attention. I must smell the whole frond, no matter which section I encounter first. Some fronds measure 6-8 feet which gives Mom and JJ time to practice their patience skills.
When we confronted one such frond placed like the middle stick of a capital H on the sidewalk, here’s what happened: (broken down for scientific research purposes…)
- I stopped just shy of the frond, causing Mom and JJ to break their forward momentum, unexpectedly.
- JJ and Mom looked around admiring the morning while I began my sniffing circuit.
- After deciding the frond contained satisfying, yet not outstanding scents, I intuitively placed two paws in front of the frond and two paws behind it lining up the frond’s center directly under my belly.
- You know where this is going, right? Yup, gave it a thorough “Jet was Here” tank emptying!
- You know what JJ did? Nothing, she daintily skirted the frond around its left edge and moved along.
- You know what Mom did? Nothing, she daintily leapfrogged over the frond.
Initial Conclusion: Men are still from Mars and Women are still from Venus!
Another great psychological day.