Hey It’s Jet Here.
So, along with my Gotcha Day last Sunday, (yet to receive a proper celebration… however, as the patient, Southern, Gentleman Jetty that I am… I know Mom has something cooking!) we quietly celebrated our first blog-versary on Halloween. We didn’t make a fuss as the holiday provided lively entertainment in blog world.
When Mom agreed to collaborate with me as a way to lift our spirits after my sweet golden sister, Koko, passed in September 2011, we never in a million years expected the following:
- With the exception of 12 days, we kept our commitment to post each day.
- To learn what a blog hop meant and to participate in so many wonderful hops. The hops keep us organized, structured, and in a routine as well as eliminating writer’s block most of the time!
- As we’ve posted frequently, we’ve made so many acquaintances and a few friends beyond the blog, helping us feel connected, when we’ve been a bit isolated over the last few years. To learn about and from our American blogpals in addition to Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, England, Canada, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and Switzerland enhance our lives.
- We have shared joy, laughter, loss, support, concern and caring … the gamut (VBP – Vocab builder project) of emotions, really.
- The quality of the writing, creativity, social consciousness, generosity and commitment amongst our blogpals surpassed and truthfully surprised us and many in our world unfamiliar with blogs and blogging.
- We appreciate the kindness and feedback about our other “jobs” as the Kitchen Counselor and Mom’s Kitchen K9s.
- We have experienced the understanding, flexibility and empathy of how we all fall behind on commenting and visiting all the marvelous petblogs out there.
- We appreciate and hope to continue learning and listening to wise bloggers out there, like Miss Linda (saved JJ’s life), Dr. Rayya (helps break down life as a vet) and Emma (shared a pawesome ear cleaning formula!) who offer advice, education, guidance and warnings to keep those of us fur family members safe.
Thanks to all of you, who take the time from your busy lives to read our musings, comment, check in on us and engage in ongoing adventures. You have welcomed us into this precious community of pet bloggers and we feel privileged to participate.
To another great year together!
Jetty and Mom (JJ and Puffy, too!) In loving memory… Mugs, Koko and Fluffy
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…