Hey It’s Jet Here.
Thanks to Sugar and Kol for initiating Tasty Tuesdays, today is our ninth participating post!
Last night as Mom and I began to construct our post, my human sister, Rachel, called Mom from the kitchen. “Mom, come out here quickly!” Of course, Mom thought something was wrong and catapulted out of her chair, down the hallway, quick left turn into the family room/kitchen area.
Instead of an emergency, we saw (JJ and I caught up really fast):
Fluffy, who Mom lifts to reach his food area in the laundry room, helping himself to Rachel’s cheesy buns on the “kitchen” (called kitchen even though the table technically resides in the family room) table! Of course, this is ONE of the areas Mom FORBIDS the felines to go! Mom motioned to Rachel to take a picture. Rachel quietly told Mom to get her phone, which she did, and Rach took the pictures!
Since Fluffy has been infirm for quite a while, (he can’t jump much anymore), they let him enjoy his treat, realizing how much he must have been drawn to the Hunger Games Cookbook delicacy. JJ and I love cheese and would have made our jealousy known, however, we all watched in happy amazement, wondering how Fluffy jumped onto the table. (probably used a chair as a midjump…)
Here’s the recipe for the Cheese buns in case you or your humans want to try it out.
Katniss’s Craved Cheese Buns (Notice the Kat in the title, hmmm….)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¾ cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix Bisquick, 1/3 teaspoon garlic, sugar, milk, and cheese until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- In a microwave bowl, combine butter, ½ teaspoon garlic powder,Old Bay seasoning, and kosher salt. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds, until butter is melted.
- Generously brush tops of biscuits with butter mixture.
Another great, cheesy, day.