Hey It’s Jet Here.
Thanks to Sugar and Kol for initiating Tasty Tuesdays, today is our eleventh participating post!
On Friday, my human sister Rachel offered to make dinner for her friend/boy (she’s a teen; you’re not supposed to ask a lot of questions!). She made steak and sweet potato fries.
Little Miss JJ Homemaker, offered to help, take notes or sous chef!
Remember, K9s can have sweet potato and most of us REALLY like them. Mom would recommend salt free for us (many humans too). Here’s the recipe for:
Easy Peasy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
(We were tempted to call them Miami Heat Fries because Game 4 of the NBA final is tonight and the fries fit Heat Colors!)
Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel a few large sweet potatoes.
- Slice into matchstick or wedge style fries.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and massage. (You can do this on the tray or in a bowl and then place in one layer on tray.)
- (If you’re making separate batches for humans and K9s then you can spice up the human batch with cumin, chili pepper, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder or a Cajun blend, bbq blend, salt and pepper, have fun)
- Place in oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- With tongs, turn the fries over and/or move them around.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes (depending on their size, you may need to adjust) until they crisp up.
- Remove, let cool if you can resist!
Another great, and sweet day!
CORRECTION: ON SATURDAY’S POST, SNOOPY’S SPONSOR IS PETSMART, NOT PETCO… Sorry, guess Mom was tired!