Hey, it’s Jet Here.
Since I felt the need to report on the Westminster show in a timely fashion, I fell behind on the last Valentines occurrence this week. When Mom, JJ and I went for our morning constitutional at 6:15 a.m., on Valentines Day, the sky was still dark. Mom carries a flashlight in case we need to see something along the way. Unexpectedly, we encountered the following:
- Buddy, the Golden Retriever, barking a baritone staccato Valentines greeting.
- We rounded the corner to catch a sonorous bay from Max, the beagle.
- Lola and her new schnauzer sister contributed a frantic mid range duet.
- Dixie, the mini Doxie, performed her rhythmic soprano bursts of barking.
- Abby, the Border collie, must have had laryngitis or slept in.
- Cody tried to conduct (small hint of Napoleon complex with this guy, but, he’s too cute, so, we cut him some slack.) and finally agreed to a protracted barking segment.
- Freddy the poodle, the elder statesman, made sure everyone stayed on key.
- Pebbles, the Kathleen Turner voiced boxer, gave her whoa, whoa, whoa solo and tried to purloin my attention from Freddy, Cody, JJ, Mom and Mr. Richard. (No luck this time.)
- Lola the chocolate lab gave a far away bark from the back part of her house.
- Vance, Vilda, and Rex, (the Westies and … not sure what heritage Rex has) flew out their doggie door and added a percussion component like a washboard from the wire mesh covering their metal gate. They became so excited as we passed, they created a three-part fast paced harmony in a loud, slightly squeaky tone.
- Simba slept in as far as we could tell, as did Neve.
By the time we reached our lawn again, I realized we spontaneously created SYMPAWNY #14, an ode to Valentines Day. I never realized the vast array of musical talent we have on one oblong block. Now, if we had just recorded the piece for posterity. Darn. Guess we’ll have to go for a future jam session.
Another great and symphonic day.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…