Hey It’s Jet Here.
Since JJ joined her/our forever home in December, we’ve wondered how she kept her svelte shape. Theories circulated the neighborhood:
- She never stops moving, particularly when she first arrived. She seemed like the poster K9 for First Lady Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign!
- Mom watched how she digested her new kibble and slowly integrated tidbits of veggies and fruit. (We are her Kitchen K9s after all!)
- Some thought I, Jet, the Gentleman, purloined (vocabulary builder) her food and dental treats when Mom could not see. (The nerve! In truth, the opposite is true, ok, not really, we’re even Steven, Mom insists upon fairness!)
- JJ maintains a spectacularly regular elimination regimen. Fiber? Not for this girl!
- Maybe her appetite did not fit the typical Golden (I love EVERYTHING) or K9 (we sniff, we taste, we inhale!) patterns.
The secret escaped this weekend. JJ participates in the Antarctica Shiver Diet. Never hear of it? The basics go like this:
- Watch for dark clouds.
- When you hear booms or streaky lights, she begins to shiver like a scientist in Antarctica.
- Add pacing for the duration of inclement weather, including rain minus the booms and streaky lights.
If she wore a shiver-ometer, which measures energy burned from severe shivering, her calorie count would go negative.
Now, I’m not one to judge, because you know how I feel and behave with booms and streaky lights. I wanted to share the situation in case you had an interest in following this diet regimen. Mom would like you to know that she’s open to shiver protection suggestions.
Another great except for the shivers, day.
P.S. Mom hopes tonight’s weather will ease, since the nighttime pacing includes pacing on Mom’s bed, whether Mom’s in it or not!