Hey It’s Jet Here.
Ok, it’s not the quadruple bypass of the scary kind… no heart trouble in Casa Jet, thank goodness. No, this quadruple bypass is of the bestowing “by passing” it on kind!
Over the last two or so weeks, we’ve received the “Seven Things About Me” award from four of our pals: Savannah’s Paw Tracks (she received an award today – Concats Savvy!), Feline Purrspective, Hailey Chronicles and The Princess Tails. Please go visit my friends and tell ’em Jetty sent ya!
Mom’s pretty excited because her favorite color is BLUE and her favorite number is SEVEN!
Here are the rules: Share 7 things about yourself.
As you know, I, Gentleman Jet, try to exhibit proper manners, so, I decided to share the nicknames (some of which you have read about) of the seven inhabitants (VBP – vocab builder project) of Casa Jetty. Mom researched the origin of nicknames and found this: …The idea of a nickname didn’t come from English origins, though. They were originally common in ancient Greece and Rome, especially when used as terms of affection, which the Greeks called hupokorisma, meaning “calling by an endearing name.”
I think you can feel how much the humans love you because the nicknames usually get delivered with certain voice inflections, too.
- ME! – Jet, Jet Black, Jetty, Jetty Spaghetti, Jettylicious, Mr. Handsome, Mr. Sniffy, Gentleman Jet, Gentleman Jetty, Jaunty Jet (named by Lady Litchi), Jetster, Jetterific, Yogurt nose.
- JJ – Jasmine Joy, Joy Jasmine, JJ, Gorgeous Girl, Cutie girl, Little Miss (fill in the blank depending on the situation).
- Puffy – Puff, Huffy Puffy, Puffster, Mr. Puff, Puffy Boy, Puff ‘n Stuff.
- Rachel (my human sister) – Rach, Rachie, Twihard girl, Moldy, Rachie Rach.
- Fluffy – (OTRB – Aug. 2012) – Fluff, Mr. Chatty Boy, Fluffster, Fluffers.
- Koko – (OTRB – Sept. 2011) – Koko, Koko Puff, Koko Poko, Kokola, Sweetie Girl, Kokolicious, Koko Loco, Jelly Belly girl.
- Mugs – (OTRB Summer 2002) – Missing Cat (M.C.), Muggsalufagous pronounced Mugs-a-lof-a-gous, Mugsy, Mugsy boy.
Next: Name seven other blogs to talk about their seven favorite things. We know that many of you have already received this lovely award, so, we’ll try to find some of our newer pals who have not. If we duplicate, no worries, know that you were in our thoughts.
We recently joined the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop hosted by Pepi Smart Dog (formerly by Cokie the Cat!).