Hey It’s Jet Here.
Look at this contraption…
This thingie is vital for the transcriptionist (MOM!) to convey my:
- Innermost thoughts,
- Comments to my blogpals,
- Rapier wit,
- Negotiations skills when required,
- Expert detecting process and conclusions,
- Comedic repartee,
- Well wishes,
- Daily adventures,
- Family interactions,
- Pack experiences etc…
For the last week or two, our keyboard has:
- Frozen for seconds to minutes,
- Typed gobbledygook when Mom swears she pressed certain letters,
- Changed lower case to upper case and vice versa,
- Required Mom to pound on each letter (not helpful for repetitive strain),
- Required mom to switch programs, cut and paste or close down and reopen stuff to kickstart the thingie.
I watched Mom problem solve by:
- changing the batteries,
- cleaning the keyboard,
- shaking the keyboard (when she felt like throwing it!),
- and checking the tower all to no avail.
Since biscuit money is a bit scarce, she’s trying to make do. She told me that commenting can take up to 5 minutes per post, her newsletter required about an extra hour (5-7 instead of 4-6), and let’s not begin to discuss her regular word processing or recipe inputting.
For all these reasons, I call MISCHIEF on the crazy contraption!
Another great except for the keyboard, day.