Hey It’s Jet Here.
Before we begin today’s post, we have sad news to share. For those of you who regularly read our comments, you will note an almost daily visit from our loving friend, Miss Wendy. We featured her treasured Barkely for our first Black and White Sunday post. as well as a post on a few of our Cyber Pals. Sadly, Barkley crossed OTRB yesterday and Miss Wendy and her family have aching hearts. If you feel comfortable, please send them your support through us, as Miss Wendy doesn’t have a blog. We know they will find your kindness meaningful.
When Mom works at our Farmers Market, she often finds that humans scoff (VBP –Vocab Building Project) at the gorgeous family of radishes. Mom loves to grow watermelon radishes, however, we also eat the traditional magenta orbs, the Easter Egg Collection, Daikon radishes, French radishes and such. Radishes are fat burners, crunchy, and have a slightly bitter taste which can round out many dishes.
Refreshing and Cleansing Radish Salad
- 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced daikon radishes
- 1 cup thinly sliced green apple, sliced into half-moons
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 red radish, grated
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 leaves fresh mint and cilantro (optional)
1. Combine daikon, apple, carrot, onion, and red radish in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, rice syrup, lime juice, and salt.
3. Pour the liquid over the vegetables and toss well to combine. Garnish with mint and cilantro, if desired, and serve.
Another crunchy, radish day.