Hey It’s Jet Here.
Mom loves to roast veggies. This weekend, she chose to steam broccoli and cauliflower, just for a change. JJ and I, Mom’s faithful Kitchen K9s, love when Mom preps crucifers (VBP – Vocab building project) because she lets us do QC on both the raw and cooked veggies. (after cool down of course, as long as recipe is K9 safe!)
In keeping with our ode (VBP) to fall, we’re offering TWO (yes, we’re just that excited and generous to share with you!) ideas.
Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries
- 1 bag ready-cut broccoli slaw mix or 2 heads broccoli , heads removed, stems julienned
- 2 carrots , julienned
- 1/2 red onion , julienned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Roasted Broccoli with Sriracha, Honey, and Tamari
- 1 small crown of broccoli, cut into bite size floret
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- Optional: Red chili flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
In a small bowl, mix together tamari, sesame oil, honey, Sriacha and black pepper. Pour mixture over the raw broccoli and toss to coat.
Spread broccoli pieces in an even layer across the baking sheet. Roast for 8-10 minutes, until broccoli is tender (and the outer edges are beginning to turn dark brown).
Remove broccoli from the baking sheet to a bowl. Toss with sesame seeds and green onions. Taste and adjusting seasonings if necessary. Serve immediately.
Another great, broccoli day.