Hey It’s Jet Here.
Yesterday, we left you with a teaser… did you guess Buddy the Beagle? Well, you see, on Tuesday, Mom, Miss Mary Ann, JJ, Dixie and I met up with Miss Cindy and Buddy. Miss Cindy asked the ladies if they knew of a good kennel, because their K9 sitter was away. Mom chirped right in, “I K9 sit.” Miss Cindy and Mom made a quick arrangement. Mom visited Buddy’s house to make sure she knew all of Buddy’s preferences and stuff.
Before I continue, we have another teaser… we have been working on something with two anipals, can you guess who? Ok, back to Buddy!
Remember, Mom’s familiar with retrievers, the Beagle heritage is quite new to her. The following Beagle/Buddy behaviors have stood out so far:
- Buddy loves to snuggle if Mom sits on the floor with him.
- Unlike JJ and me, Buddy does NOT inhale his food. He politely visits with Mom and then after about 10 minutes civilly eats his kibble.
- Whereas JJ and I slurp water as if we spent the last three days traipsing (VBP – vocab builder project) across the Sahara, Buddy takes a few swigs and moves on.
- Buddy only requires a lightweight leash, unlike our secure, heavy duty, yet fashionable varieties.
- See lizard/gecko – will chase, catch and deliver! Ewwwww!
- NEVER stops moving… the dude needs to chillax a little! Mom cannot capture his face clearly to show you.
- Mom says his tail moves like a metronome when they walk.
- He makes a funny grunting noise… at first, Mom thought he was choking, then she thought he was wheezing, then she realized he was happy.
- Of course, the beagle bay differs from our retriever barking!
Mom felt so sad looking at Buddy’s face on both night one and night two, so she brought him home for a sleepover! We all blended well. Buddy zipped through the house investigating everything. Mom did not think he could jump up on the bed. W-R-O-N-G! He looked like he had springs attached to his paws like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh! Finally, drained of energy, Mom, JJ, and Buddy fell asleep on her bed while I monitored the bedroom from a few different vantage (VBP) points.
Another great Buddy, day.