Hey It’s Jet Here.
Before we begin, to those that celebrate the New Year today, Shana Tovah; wishing you a Sweet New Year.
Continuing our week of Koko memories… before I joined the family, during Fall 2007, Mom prepared to teach one of her UMiami interactive cooking classes – Cupcake Chic and Other Baked Treats. As usual, she prepared her groceries to load into the car. She left the non-perishable groceries from Publix (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda) by the kitchen/garage door and ran out to Whole Foods (then Wild Oats) for the few remaining items needed. The Wild Oats roundtrip took less than 15 minutes.
As always, Koko, Mom’s original Kitchen K9, greeted Mom upon her return. The Mischief? Koko looked like she had participated in a bobbing for apples contest, except instead of water and apples, the bowl was filled with goopy white stuff! Wagging ferociously, Koko’s face, up to her eyes, was caked in white stuff. Her whiskers looked like white Christmas tree limbs with white teardrop shaped ornaments hanging on the end of each branch/whisker. The tile floor had a pasty white coating.
It took Mom a few minutes to digest the scene. She finally connected the evidence and deduced (vocab builder project VBP):
- Koko face planted into the 5 lb. flour bag, ever the curious K9.
- She tried licking off the flour and it got too sticky in her mouth.
- She drank water to help, which combined with the flour to make paste.
- Still curious, she may have repeated procedure.
- The flour bag tipped over and the grocery bag went horizontal, spreading flour onto the floor.
- Water from the bowl or Koko dripped onto the floor making more paste.
Mom really wanted to give the NAUGHTY speech, but could not help or stop laughing. She ended up giving Koko an unscheduled quick spa day. She had to use a bench scraper to help remove the paste from the tiles, replaced the flour and made it to class on time!
The only regret? No pictures! This was pre-digital camera or smart phone.
Another great and rare Koko Mischief day!