Hey It’s Jet Here.
Mom’s got these thingies called chemical sensitivities. In the dinosaur TV days (term coined by my human sister, Rachel), there was a commercial with a stressed out woman. The tag line was – Calgon, take me away!
Mom spent much of Saturday having more tech issues:
Mom had to deal with the sudden POOF of her Kitchen Counselor blog. Gone, off the radar, like it never existed! Don’t get her started – one week of emails between 5 individuals, two companies and 3 hours on the phone yesterday!
Remember the WP issue? Well, we officially apologize, as yesterday confirmed that the MISCHIEF is on GOOGLE CHROME. We tried to add the Saturday Pet Blogger hop link as usual to our post. What happened?
- No Jetty boy banner,
- No access to comments,
- No access to posts,
- No access to notifications to comment for quite a while,
- Funny gobbledy gook format when we tried all possible ways in,
- We tried to go through our BFF Savannah’s Paw Tracks, another WP blog (which was working fine, btw) which helped a smidge.
- Shut down browser many times,
- Restarted computer many times,
- Shut down computer and restarted…
- Went to the laundry room to address another ridiculous tech issue.*
*Ridiculous tech issue: Remember the second Mr. ATT? (Not Mr. Steve (installed unneeded new tv, Mr. Mario fixed phone and alarm) Well he moved all the equipment to the laundry room about a month ago to “fix the problems.” Now, almost EVERY time Mom turns off the laundry room light (where our food is btw), loud beeps begin, orange and green lights on the two machines go nuts and the phones, wireless, tivo, and some computer features STOP. Mom must go to the outlet and press the red BATMAN button – actually restart). Come on… give Mom a break!
At this point, Mom began acting like a crazy mad scientist. Until…
She remembered the suggestions of many of our kind, patient, tranquil petbloggers… try other browsers!
- She tried IE, (so slow, not so great),
- Firefox (wouldn’t load some of the stuff),
- Safari (worked slowly, responded to a few comments, was NOT user friendly),
- banging her head on furniture.
On top of this, she contracted (vocab builder project VBP) a stomach virus from a co-worker who came to work Friday quite ill. They work in close quarters, so, Mom knew the die was cast.
Mom had to run a few errands before dinner, returned for our usual routines, made call #3 to GoDaddy (1.5 hours) and then tried visiting our blog again through Chrome. Sure enough, everything was back to normal.
Another, glad I’m not in charge of tech, day!
*As she’s preparing this post, it happened AGAIN… OMD!