Hey It’s Jet Here.
Our friend, Miss Jodi, initiated this great idea to update readers on previous posts. She created a lovely badge to go with her idea.
We have been inundated with kindness! Mom and I continue to dig out of our comment pile. We deeply apologize for tardy replies; we’re up to 50 something… bear with us we will answer every thoughtful soul who so graciously stopped by to offer condolences. Also, thanks to our bestest feline friend, Savvy, and Miss Linda for commissioning such a beautiful badge from Miss Ann @ Zoolatry. We smile every time we scroll past it.
Speaking of Miss Ann, check out the auction going on to help her family’s medical situation. Mom donated a $150 Sessions with the Kitchen Counselor gift certificate. Also, Savvy and Miss Linda, are looking for three good K9s! (couldn’t resist writing that…) In case you’ve missed it, my sweet Savannah hosts a monthly series, Life Changing Interviews with Savannah: Real Cat and Dog Rescues Are Talking…“, and while her feline slots filled up swiftly, three K9 slots remain.
Blustery Mr. Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaac:
Once again, the pet blogging community left Mom with her jaw hanging open. The outpouring of genuine care, good wishes, concern, prayers, and support before AND after the storm passed us and deluged (vocab building project VBP) the Gulf Coast was extraordinary. We passed on some preparation suggestions to Rumpy and family, who moved into the “H” zone the week before. We tried to check on those blog families in the area as well. Here’s what we know from our connections:
- Miss Wendy, one of our bff’s from Golden Rescue S. Florida – everyone’s ok.
- Miss Rebecca – our other bff from GRSF – took on water, wet vacced the inside of the house; waited for the water to drain and was planning to clean the debris in the backyard yesterday, before Jack did another drop and roll!
- Miss Beverly and Neve’s daughter/human sister, husband and family – all ok, not sure if daughter’s house took on water yet, they’re still at another family member’s home.
- My Grandma’s niece-in-law (she sent in name and now Mom cannot find it… darn) and Gus, the 120 lb K9 evacuated from their houseboat before the storm hit… so far, no further updates.
- Miss Mary Ann’s friend, “Louisiana Lori” – everyone’s ok, (attending LSU game this weekend – good sign!) – fence down in parts, a few more house issues and some other family members yet to check in.
Remember we worried about seeing only one blue macaw? Miss Mary Ann first shared with us and then we saw for ourselves the duo flying magnificently overhead. We hope they found cover during Mr. Blustery Tropical Storm Isaac.
Speaking of avians, we neglected to mention that during the few weeks of daily sightings, Miss Mary Ann named the
arrogant persistent peacock! For those of you familiar with the TV show, M*A*S*H, Charles Winchester joined the unit after a few seasons. He was a haughty (VBP) arrogant, know-it-all, who thought he was above everyone else, just like you know who! So, may we present, Winchester the Peacock!
Another great catch up day.