Hey It’s Jet Here.
Last night, well most of yesterday, really, we had storm bands pass through our area. If you’re wondering why Mom and I did not hop much yesterday or respond to your wonderful comments, JJ and I kept Mom “otherwise engaged.” We tried to wait for Miss Mary Ann and Dixie for our usual evening constitutional around 7:00/7:15 p.m., however, we could see the black sky moving towards Casa Jet. Considering we could not empty our tanks in the mid afternoon, we NEEDED to get going.
Miss Beverly texted Mom right before dinner to ask if we had ear drops, because Neve’s ear was flaming red. (Do we have ear drops!!!) Mom called Miss Beverly right after we ate and asked:
- Did she want to walk? (Yes if the weather held.)
- Would she mind going earlier than usual? (No problem.)
- Mom let her know she spoke with Miss Mary Ann who understood if we needed to leave before she could join us.
With a dark grey sky shifting to deeper shades quickly, we completed our exit left route. Miss Beverly and Neve came into our house so Mom could share JJ’s Elizabethan collar. Well, within minutes, the sky lit up, booms crashed, the pelting rain sound surprised even the humans and Miss Beverly and Neve were our guests for an unplanned 2 hour plus visit! YIPPEE.
- a one hour humans on the kitchen floor petting session,
- a t.v. watching diversion for an hour (more petting)
- and… the reason for this post… TREAT diversions!!!
Usually, Mom sticks to dental treats after walks. We had our usual Hextra Chews and Neve tried a twistix. (She loved it!) Then for some EXCELLENT reason (Mom: thunder distraction) Miss Beverly offered Newman’s Own New Zealand Ranch Style Dog Treats (Lamb & Sweet Potato – no wheat, no corn… a prior gift from Miss Mary Ann and Dixie) A 12 paw recommendation! Mom thought we looked adorable and caught this shot.
Another great, please give us a storm break, day.