Hey It’s Jet here.
Sabre and Miss Susan of Long Life Cats and Dogs, way far away in South Africa, bestowed the Very Inspired Blogger Award on our blog! Whoo hoo! Miss Susan jumped right into blogging last month and has already amassed (vocab builder) several well deserved awards. Her trajectory (vocab builder) went from animal lover, to adopter of “unadoptables,” to student of animal behaviorism, to shelter volunteer. From Miss Susan, “Long Life Cats and Dogs has been started, in order to introduce people to the lives of the people and animals in these shelters.
With a writing style like your favorite author, where you can’t wait to turn the page and stay up too late reading, Miss Susan tackles topics great and small, serious and light-hearted. Recently we compared horrible buggy creatures; South African Parktown Prawns versus Miami’s Grandpa Palmetto Bugs! Miss Susan also introduced Mom to a new fruit (Marula fruit) grown only in six African countries. Mom included this info in her latest Kitchen Counselor newsletter.
Thank the blog that bestowed the award: check.
State 7 things about yourself. (I’ll let Mom take this one.)
- I wanted to share my life with animals since I was young; however, a family member had an allergy. I promised that when my life permitted, I would make up for lost time!
- I committed to adopting or rescuing; which began with a kitten in college, a cat found on our townhouse roof during a hurricane warning when I was 25, then Puffy and Fluffy (dubbed Pluffy by Miss Mary Ann) in 2003, Koko in 2005, Jet in 2008 and now JJ in 2011. I’m a sucker for golden retrievers thanks to my Aunt Harriet, who allowed me to dog sit her “once-in-a-lifetime” golden girl, Brandy, during the majority of my teen years.
- I try to volunteer as much as having 3-4 jobs will allow.
- I miss pet therapy at the children’s hospital. Now that Koko has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and economic times changed, I will have to wait until another time in my life to pick that activity up again.
- I’ve had a windy road career wise culminating (vocab builder) by becoming The Kitchen Counselor, my absolute passion.
- I enjoy needle crafts like knitting and needlepoint, reading, photography, and wish I could travel, scuba, rock climb, hike and go to the spa WAY MORE OFTEN.
- I think I need a weekly massage to help my hands and arms with all the writing I do! I’m deeply grateful and appreciative for the warm welcome and comments of support for both Jet’s blog and all of my Kitchen Counselor writing.
Share with (Miss Susan didn’t tell us how many… since she listed six, we will do the same) six other blogs. We’re sharing with some newer friends.
- Clowie’s Corner – We have already learned so much from Clowie. Transferred from England to Spain, I’m practicing my Spanish with Clowie and the humans are swapping food info!
- You Did What With Your Weiner – We love (and sometimes have pangs of envy) all the adventures Chester and Gretel share. They have impeccable (vocab builder) fashion sense, attend parties, hike in gorgeous locations and dine at only the best dog shops.
- Through the Eyes of Tweedles – Tweedles published two books and writes with a poetic flare.
- Saved by Dogs – Jenny, Gracie and Lil’s human writes, “This is a space for those whose lives would not be complete without their companion dog, or who have had or look forward to having a special dog friend in their life.” They have felines, too, just like us!
- Texas, A Cat in NY – We’ve known this feline awhile, however, he inspired us of late because he handled the traveling of his humans with class and dignity.
- Bringing up Bella – We admire her human’s description of the blog, “Bella is both fearful and reactive and I hope these stories will highlight her amazing resilience, joy and growth as well as my own learning curve as her guide through this life’s journey.”
Another great, very inspiring, day.
Congrats Jetty!! Love reading your blog, but for some reason the link to mom’s blog did not work for me. 😦
Hey Sampson, Hey Delilah, Jetty here. Hi Miss Jodi.
Oh NO! Hey Mom… Miss Jodi cannot access your Kitchen Counselor blog! Thanks Jetty, here’s the link. Mom has lots of goofy stuff that happens over there, so, please let her know if you have trouble. Also, if you push the W button here, you can access her blog (not to mention her other social media! 🙂 She asked me to share that she appreciates you trying!
Congratulations on your cool award
Benny & Lily
Hey Benny, Hey Lily,
You two are always so thoughtful, we really appreciate your kind words. 🙂
Congratulations to you! And thank you so much for the award and your kind words. I also have some new blogs to investigate now. Have a good weekend!
Hey Clowie, Jet here.
Muchas gracias. Most deserved. We learn about other wonderful blogs in the same manner!
Oh Clowie, Sunday morning is spa day for JJ and I, so, we’ll enjoy a big brushing on Saturday night and then a shower a.k.a. spa with Mom around 7 a.m. on Sunday! Mom tells us for the rest of the day how good we smell!
Hope your weekend is full of fun. 🙂
Hey Emma, Jet here.
Well, thank you kindly! 🙂
Congratulations on the award! You always know who’s new out there in the blogosphere!
Hey Bunny, Jet here.
Thank you, coming from such a seasoned pro such as yourself, your words mean a great deal to us. 🙂
Really? You think so? Yippee….
Hi sweet Jetty- Congrats on a well deserved blog award! Your posts are always the best part of my day!
Have a wonderful storm free weekend!
Hey it’s Jet here. Hi Miss Wendy.
Oh thank you, thank you, we feel so fortunate… whoops, forgot we used that vocab builder word already today!!!
We look forward to your comments every day too, they make our day as well.
Oh gosh, let’s hope so…
Hi Jetty – I;m off to bed as the work at the Food Bank today was very strenuous (voc builder!!!) and I used many muscles that have been lazy for a long time! so I;m sore and pooped – but it was great helping and Jacob did a good job and enjoyed it! Please tell Mom I really enjoyed learning new things about her in the Blog today- she is such a kind hearted, interesting and wonderful lady – I feel blessed to know her!
sending achy muscle goodnight hugs and kisses to you, JJ, Mom, Rachel and Pluffy xoxox
Hey it’s Jet here. Hi Miss Wendy.
Biggest Jetty kisses and JJ hugs to you and Jacob for doing such kind work for others today! Maybe Mr. David can give you a back massage???
I’ll pass on your complimentary thoughts to Mom, I thought she deserved a little exposure after all this time!! 🙂 I think you two are peas in a pod Miss Wendy!!! She said the feeling is quite mutual.
Sending Mom’s homemade workout massage oil for your tired muscles, sleep well Miss Wendy. xoxoxoxoxo
Oh concatulations. No one deserves it more! And I am jealous you get food stuff from Clowie. I know where he lives and I bet they have great food experiences. Yum! And Jet, do you have French pedi’s on your toesies too??
Hey Savvy, Big Guy here. Hi Miss Linda.
Oh Savvy, you have the best anipal words… concatulations, whoo hoo! And thank you, Mom and I are both blushing. Really, you know where Clowie lives, wowee! They shared info on peaches this week. 🙂
Savvy, now, I do try to attain (vocab builder) somewhat of a GQ image, however, more in the natural, rugged way… no foo foo stuff for me… on spa day, I get Green Tea and Rosemary shampoo and drip dry like a manly man!
Congratulations and thank you so much, Jet!
Purrs purrs purrs…
Hey Texas, Jet here.
Well thanks so much! Most welcome and most deserved, we admire how you handled the absence of your humans! 🙂
Sending Paw pats like our buddy Savvy says!
Hey there Jet, so sorry it has taken this long to get a comment on your blog. I feel really bad. I got to pressing Like, then wrote a whole long comment, pressed post and immediately lost internet access. Have only now got it running properly again.
Life has also been hectic, with Chocy updates continuing, can you believeit?! Have not been able to send a post for a couple of days and now I’m unsure if I should do the Chocy one. Poor thing landed up finally going to the “sons” house and bit 2 people. Fear bites and not serious but she could not stay and went back again. I am devastated and don’t want people to think Chocy is bad, she just got a fright. I also can’t make it a funny or light-hearted blog because it just isn’t. So, we remain with no new blog out while we try to think and process it all.
Hey Chocy, Jet here. Hi Miss Susan.
Oh gosh, soooo sorry to learn of Chocy’s return. Chocy, wish I could translate K9 to human for you. I know your humans will find ways to rehabilitate you to work on your fear issues.
Miss Susan. Mom asked me to share that in her opinion, not all posts need or can be positive/upbeat/ funny/witty etc… reality is what it is. I think you will find the pet blogging community very supportive to the truthful situation if you choose to put it out there.
As for commenting on our blog, we love when you do, however, never feel slighted when you do not. We admire all that you do. Sending you lots of Jetty kisses and JJ hugs for support. xoxoxoxox
Thanks for your valuable input. I might just concede and do another Chocy update. I’ll put more thought in once the Wimbledon finals are finished (I’m busy playing catch up here whilst watching).
Hey it’s Jetty here. Hi Miss Susan.
Enjoy that tennis thingie… I think JJ would excel at that back and forth ball game!
Mom asked me to share that you are most welcome.
Pingback: More Awesomeness from my Furriends! « Texas, a cat in New York
Congrats on your award! Well deserved. I did not realize you had another blog. No wonder you have so many great recipes.
Hey brown dawgs, Jet here. Hi Miss Linda.
Yup, we’re Mom’s Kitchen K9s for her Kitchen Counselor business. Mom has all that FB, Twitter stuff and writes a newsletter and blog, so, that’s why she usually does not subscribe to much… as previously mentioned LOVINGLY… she reads like a turtle! She asked me to share that she would like to personally invite you to subscribe to the newsletter if you enjoy anything about the kitchen… not just the cooking part (my favorite part)… 🙂
Yaaaaaay Jetty!! Bringing out the pawty poppers to celebrate! 😀 Did you see the thing we made for you Jet? :} http://fluffypopcorn.com/♥-♥-awards/ 😀 Have a great week guys!
Hey Poppy, Big Bro here.
Thanks little sis! We did see the new, AMAZING, thank you collage… you and Mommy are BEYOND talented. Oh we’re gonna do something special to acknowledge your talents. (loved the booties by the way, very trendy.) 🙂
Jetty kisses to you Little Sis… xoxoxoxox
Oh gracious, Jet, how did I miss this? We’re so embarrassed but thankful for your nod of appreciation. Your award is so very well deserved! I can’t think of too many others who manage to write two blogs, work 3 – 4 jobs, volunteer AND still get around to thoughtfully comment on everyone else’s blog. 😮 I’m guessing you don’t sleep much do you? 😉
Thank you again for the award. It is really very kind of you and we are touched.
Hey Bella, Jet here. Hi Miss Leslie.
No worries at all, we share with open hearts and no expectations! Thank you for your kind words and compliments. 🙂 Mom asked me to share that she deeply appreciates your acknowledgement of her efforts to support other bloggers efforts with comments. She asked me to share her hugs and belly rubs with you!
Uh… Bella? Don’t mention this too loudly… I kind of wake Mom (politely of course) at 5:00 a.m. ish almost every morning. She’s a late night person, so… no, she doesn’t sleep much and works a LOT. She does take naps here and there in the late afternoons for an hour or so. She says she would do well in a country with siestas!!
You are most deserving and look forward to your posts. 🙂