Hey It’s Jet Here.
I’m not sure if JJ has influenced me, however, lately, I’ve mostly set aside my border collie roots on my morning and evening constitutionals. What do you mean, you ask?
• Instead of sniffing the air, I focus more on the ground.
• I notice the birds flying above more; my head swiftly turns to the sky and my ears perk up.
• Ducks in the canal? I’m ready to make like my friends Hawk, Freighter, Storm and Thunder and fetch those aquatic birds!
• Mom takes JJ and I twice a day in the back yard after our constitutionals to sniff out mangoes and I succeed each time!
• I would fetch and tug on toys if Little Miss “I’m going first” didn’t hog them every time!
• I would like to swim more, however, Mom’s waiting a teensy bit more for my skin to heal and JJ’s ear issue to resolve.
Oh, in the house, I delve into my retriever roots and explore the velcro-K9 retriever reputation, especially when it comes to my family and my pals, like Ruby.
Now, we must provide full disclosure: in truth, we do not know what heritage I possess. The guess after an A-HAH moment during my ninth month with Mom is a mix of flat coat retriever/border collie!
Another great, tapping into your roots, day.