Hey It’s Jet Here.
Scooby Doo Academy stresses research skills and healthy eating. Today’s post combines both. I, Jet, the Research Man, have sniffed out ten trends to look for in Pet Food:
- Game Meats: Humans feel that K9s would benefit from eating a more ancestral diet, especially for K9s allergic to corn and wheat. Game meats include bison, kangaroo, venison, quail, rabbit and ostrich.
- Medicinal Mushrooms (don’t go trippin’): They help with immune support, itchy rashes and may even help with cancer.
- Pork: (duh!) – like the whole human thing about bacon everywhere, humans figured out we K9s like the stuff too!
- Chia Seeds – Those tiny seeds help elimination, balance blood sugar, provide Omega 3s and anti-oxidants.
- Raw – Again, like the human trend towards a raw diet, our raw food arrives dehydrated or freeze dried. Some humans believe that raw diets rock because the aminos and enzymes have not been adulterated.
- Blueberries – Can you say Vitamin C, fiber, anti-oxidant and free radical protection??? I say, MOM, flip some more my way!
- Garbanzos – a high fiber, clean protein source… uh… excuse me… what about flatulence??? (vocab builder and polite way of saying F*RT!)
- Glucosomine/Chondroitin – continues to help us with our joints, now derived from beef and SHARK! (Cue the music from JAWS!)
- Omega 3s – Not just from fish oil – coconut, chia and other sources join the ranks and helps with Osteoarthritis.
- Probiotics – Humans will now have options of treats, powder, pills or liquid to get this digestive helping stuff in us! Mom, I vote for TREAT – did you see that picture for Peanut Butter Bacon Frozen Yogurt?
Another great trend predicting day!