Hey It’s Jet Here.
Wish I could have been there to see this… I will retell as best Mom described the situation to Auntie Liz on the phone.
Mom waited patiently on Saturday morning at Dr. Shaffer’s to pick up JJ. Lots of activity swirled around Mom:
- A Mom and a daughter brought in their big American bulldog named Disney,
- A man dropped off a small dog,
- A Father, son, and Grandmother picked up their rat terrier looking dog,
- Victor and two other vet techs periodically came out to take animals to the back, bring animals to the front or chat with the humans.
- Judy answered phones, prepared bills, spoke with humans, and greeted the animals.
Mom stood at the desk area while Miss Judy prepared JJ’s medicine labels and her bill. Mom minded the time on her phone because she wanted to make sure she was ready for her 10:25 a.m. And the Women Gather blogradio spot. (She broadcasts every Saturday for The Kitchen Counselor, take a listen. I’m usually sitting beside her when she calls in for the show!) Her written piece, wallet, and keys rested on the counter as she watched Miss Judy. Miss Judy called the back with a “code 15” (I think that means pick up.) Victor brought the K9 out the door and around the corner. Mom rushed over to say hi, give lovies etc…
In her head she thought, “What did they do to her? She looks a little different.” About 30 seconds passed before the pooch went potty. Mom looked at Judy and said, “what’s wrong? JJ doesn’t have accidents?”
Well Mom cracked up laughing too and they replayed the scene over a few times explaining how JJ and Mikalia had runs next to each other and everyone thought they looked so similar they thought they would play a prank on Mom.
How’s that for mischief?
Another great, they got Mom good, day!