Hey It’s Jet Here.
Yesterday, Mom returned home from an appointment in the usual way. The usual way goes as follows:
- JJ and I hear the garage door open,
- I trot over from my comfy day bed in the family room,
- JJ races down the hallway from either Mom’s bed or the office floor, makes a left into the family room and joins me at the kitchen/garage door.
- We sit and wait for Mom to exit her car, close the garage door and FINALLY enter the house. zshe really takes a long time for this process considering we’re anxiously awaiting her entrance.
- Sometimes, I bark my wishes for her to hurry up and hope that she carries in a package for us.
JJ, Miss “I’m so darn happy, I can’t wait at the door, I must try to do more,” has found a way at times to nudge the door open. That means that SOMEONE did not close the door completely when they left. (Not mentioning names, because all the humans have done so at one time or another!)
Last night was one of those times. Mom did not even have time to fully drive into the garage before JJ’s nose peaked out of the door. Mom quickly put the car in park, turned off the engine as JJ’s whole body wiggled out of the door and she sidled up to Mom’s door.
If it were me, Mom knows I would have flown out of the garage for an evening run offleash, which would have been REALLY scary. JJ stood still, wagging her tail fast. Mom opened her door, made a hello fuss, and gently put her hand under JJ’s collar as they calmly walked into the house. (Mom hit the clicker as she entered, so the garage door closed.) We readied for our evening constitutional and proceeded without incident.
Another great, welcome home Mom, day.