Hey It’s Jet Here.
Remember yesterday I discussed our weather patterns here in the tropics? Well, today we had our first prolonged day of rain bands. Thank goodness, no booms or streaky lights. The plants slurped up the water really fast, however, JJ and I did get to splash in a few puddles.
Because of my sensitive nature, Mom thought “please don’t rain” thoughts before feeding us dinner, so that we could carry out our evening constitutional on time and feel comfortable all night. Amazingly, the heavy rain slowly subsided as the clock neared 7:00 and we completed our exit left square route with nary a drop of rain from the sky. (We did receive droplets from the trees, creating a sheen on our heads!)
Mom told us that up North, when it rains, it goes on and on with gray skies. When she moved down here, she could not believe that the rain could pound one side of the street while the sun shone on the other.
Hence the gambling reference. During rainy season, Mom takes bets on:
- Whether we can make it before the rain starts,
- Whether we have to go through the whole rain gear preparedness exercise,
- Whether we can make it between rain bands
- Whether I will go out at all, for a bit, or a full walk (due to sensitivity mentioned above.),
- Whether she needs boots,
- Whether we will end up with muddy paws, etc…
Another great raindrop kind of day.