Hey, it’s Jet Here.
Did you notice we did not post yesterday? I thought about raising a ruckus with Mom until I heard her conversation with Auntie Liz. On Saturday, Mom had this exciting opportunity to attend a taping of a Food Network show. Since Mom is The Kitchen Counselor, you can imagine how appreciative she felt towards my Tia (Aunt) Maite’s sister-in-law, Veronica, who provided this invitation. Well, Mom knows a bit about tv production and thought the filming might run a bit late. The call time of 11:00 a.m. turned into a real filming time of 3:30 p.m., finishing at 6:30 p.m.
Mom then ran home to feed and quickly walk us and off to the hospital she went to visit my Grandpa. She finally returned home at 10:30 ish, kindly (if belatedly) walked us, had dinner and began preparing for the Farmers Market the next day from11:30 p.m. to 12:15. We went to sleep around 1:20 ish and woke up first at 4:36 and rested (well tried) together until around 6:00.
Mom intended to go to Publix at 7:00 (really went at 7:30), arrive at the Farmers Market promptly at 8:00, work until 1:00 ish, walk us, visit Grandpa, return home in time to feed us dinner, and take my dictation and post late, but POST.
Food Network mischievously changed all that! Mom greeted Veronica in the parking lot and saw my Cousin Christopher too. He was the paramedic on the set both days. Mom was as proud of him as Tia Maite would have been if she was there. Everyone at the Market pulsed with excitement with the anticipation of being on tv!
The shoot time of 9:00 a.m. became:
- Probably 11:00, maybe 11:30,
- We’re deciding where to film, should be about 1:30 p.m., no… make that 2:00,
- Production assistants popped up, some standing guard like casual soldiers in the designated filming area and some scurrying talking into their walkie-talkie mikes like secret service people saying probably 3:00,
- Assistant directors, culinary production teams, wardrobe and lights arrived around 3:30, really soon, sorry.
- Filming began around 4:00 and went to 7:00 ish, with almost all the vendors gone!
Mom arrived home pooped, ate dinner, made her calls and fell asleep on the couch watching… Food Network of course!
Another great culinary day (for Mom!)