Hey, It’s Jet Here.
Generally, I mind my own business, herd, protect and care for my family, serve as Boy of the House, and go about my daily routine. What I know of the human world derives from personal observations, my pack and my family. I share my blog with you in a politically neutral way except… well… this is an election year. As a Florida K9, I feel compelled to participate in the process, since voting is a privilege. Luckily, K9s do not register along human party lines. We support candidates by barking. Important platform items include:
- Do you support “no kill” shelters?
- What is your position on pit bulls?
- Do you support spay/neuter programs?
- Would you ban chemical pesticides on lawns where we empty our tanks?
- Do you support more dog parks? (How do you plan on keeping glass shards out of them?)
- To scoop or not to scoop?
- How do you feel about digging? Chewing? Wrestling?
- Do you support sleeping on human beds? Human furniture?
- Dry or wet food?
- Allowed in the car? Seat belt or no seat belt?
I tried to keep up with the debates; however, Mom said she found me passed out on the couch/bed each and every time. So, after much reflection and in time for the Tuesday Primary, I officially support – Drumroll please….
BOOZER FOR PRESIDENT!
Boozer, adopted from Golden Rescue South Florida, like Koko, JJ and me has a mission statement I believe in.
Hi all, I’m Boozer but my dad calls me Boo. Tonight we were sitting out by the pool talking. He told me , “Boo ,I’m so proud of you. Only in America can a redneck construction dog run for president.” He told me there’s a lot of dirty dogs in Washington. I told Dad, no problem man. I swim in the pool a lot during the day and I’m a clean dog and those with me will be the same. I told Dad, the White House will be the nations largest dog park, with a sign on the front gate saying no dirty dogs, idiots or politicians poop allowed. Dad said ” Boo, thats a step in the right direction. It should eliminate 97.6% of the traffic”. VOTE FOR ME!
Another great patriotic day.