Hey, It’s Jet Here.
Earlier in the week, Dixie’s Mom, Mary Ann left us a voice mail to look at the beautiful moon when we walked. As K9s, we excel at mindfulness and living in the moment, however, you humans could use practice.
When people ask Mom whether she minds walking us so much, she often replies that walking allows her to reconnect with her surroundings and take time to “appreciate the flowers.” Imagine missing out on:
- Rainbows, Sunsets, Moon phases.and Constellations (we even saw the International Space Station).
- Suburban “wildlife” – i.e. birds (macaws, parrots, crows, ibis, herons, woodpeckers, owls, peacocks,) iguanas, possums, snakes, fish, mice, rats, geckos, (bugs, ewwwwww).
- The weather for the day.
- Flowers in bloom, Greenery.
- Home Improvements.
- Sounds and scents in the neighborhood.
- Houses preparing for the day or preparing to rest.
- Rhythms like: garbage recycling days, grass cutting, Holiday décor.
You get the idea. If you promise not to tell, I’ll share an inside scoop – we howl at the full moon and then Mom and Mary Ann laugh.