Hey It’s Jet Here.
Today, the wonderful folks at Blog the Change 4 Animals, coordinated an event to assist Dog Rescue. As you know, Koko, may she be frolicking over the Rainbow Bridge, JJ and I all benefited from Golden Rescue South Florida and… MOM! Before we knew many of you, we posted on Black Friday about one aspect of Dog Rescue. We’re reposting for those who missed it the first go round.
Additionally, it’s Mischief Monday! To make it short and
sweet naughty, the humans who discriminate against black K9s below are the MISCHIEF MAKERS!
So, Mom told me that today is this thing called Black Friday. How nice of the world to commemorate the fetching color of my fur! Not all black dogs have luck like me. Have you ever heard of Black Dog Syndrome? “Well known to shelter workers and rescue organizations across the nation, black dogs are much more difficult to find homes for. They are the last dogs to find homes and often among the first to be euthanized.”
The following thoughts contribute to BDS:
- Some people have the crazy idea that us black pearls bring bad luck like that whole silly black cat thing.
- We may not photograph as well as other fur colors making us less eye catching on websites. Second Chance Photos can teach you how to make us look our best.
- Now I like movies like the next K9 (Marley and Me? Inspired!), however, that Hollywood place often selects black dogs for scary movies.
- Our most beautiful selves do not shine in shelter cages.
I’m super lucky, Golden Retriever Rescue South Florida loved my face (what can I say?) and broke me out of the shelter with four days to spare. They help flat coat retrievers now-a-days, too. (thank you, thank you, thank you.)
So, when you shop ‘til you drop today and if you’re thinking of adding a furry member to your family this holiday season, remember – Black is beautiful.
Another great black pearl day.
What can you do?
- Adopt a companion: http://theshelterpetproject.org/
- Donate to a local dog rescue organization
- Foster a dog
- Volunteer at a local shelter or rescue organization
- Share this post across all forms of social media and encourage others to participate!