Hey It’s Jet here.
Sabre and Miss Susan of Long Life Cats and Dogs, way far away in South Africa, bestowed the Very Inspired Blogger Award on our blog! Whoo hoo! Miss Susan jumped right into blogging last month and has already amassed (vocab builder) several well deserved awards. Her trajectory (vocab builder) went from animal lover, to adopter of “unadoptables,” to student of animal behaviorism, to shelter volunteer. From Miss Susan, “Long Life Cats and Dogs has been started, in order to introduce people to the lives of the people and animals in these shelters.
With a writing style like your favorite author, where you can’t wait to turn the page and stay up too late reading, Miss Susan tackles topics great and small, serious and light-hearted. Recently we compared horrible buggy creatures; South African Parktown Prawns versus Miami’s Grandpa Palmetto Bugs! Miss Susan also introduced Mom to a new fruit (Marula fruit) grown only in six African countries. Mom included this info in her latest Kitchen Counselor newsletter.
Thank the blog that bestowed the award: check.
State 7 things about yourself. (I’ll let Mom take this one.)
- I wanted to share my life with animals since I was young; however, a family member had an allergy. I promised that when my life permitted, I would make up for lost time!
- I committed to adopting or rescuing; which began with a kitten in college, a cat found on our townhouse roof during a hurricane warning when I was 25, then Puffy and Fluffy (dubbed Pluffy by Miss Mary Ann) in 2003, Koko in 2005, Jet in 2008 and now JJ in 2011. I’m a sucker for golden retrievers thanks to my Aunt Harriet, who allowed me to dog sit her “once-in-a-lifetime” golden girl, Brandy, during the majority of my teen years.
- I try to volunteer as much as having 3-4 jobs will allow.
- I miss pet therapy at the children’s hospital. Now that Koko has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and economic times changed, I will have to wait until another time in my life to pick that activity up again.
- I’ve had a windy road career wise culminating (vocab builder) by becoming The Kitchen Counselor, my absolute passion.
- I enjoy needle crafts like knitting and needlepoint, reading, photography, and wish I could travel, scuba, rock climb, hike and go to the spa WAY MORE OFTEN.
- I think I need a weekly massage to help my hands and arms with all the writing I do! I’m deeply grateful and appreciative for the warm welcome and comments of support for both Jet’s blog and all of my Kitchen Counselor writing.
Share with (Miss Susan didn’t tell us how many… since she listed six, we will do the same) six other blogs. We’re sharing with some newer friends.
- Clowie’s Corner - We have already learned so much from Clowie. Transferred from England to Spain, I’m practicing my Spanish with Clowie and the humans are swapping food info!
- You Did What With Your Weiner – We love (and sometimes have pangs of envy) all the adventures Chester and Gretel share. They have impeccable (vocab builder) fashion sense, attend parties, hike in gorgeous locations and dine at only the best dog shops.
- Through the Eyes of Tweedles – Tweedles published two books and writes with a poetic flare.
- Saved by Dogs - Jenny, Gracie and Lil’s human writes, “This is a space for those whose lives would not be complete without their companion dog, or who have had or look forward to having a special dog friend in their life.” They have felines, too, just like us!
- Texas, A Cat in NY – We’ve known this feline awhile, however, he inspired us of late because he handled the traveling of his humans with class and dignity.
- Bringing up Bella – We admire her human’s description of the blog, “Bella is both fearful and reactive and I hope these stories will highlight her amazing resilience, joy and growth as well as my own learning curve as her guide through this life’s journey.”
Another great, very inspiring, day.