Hey It’s Jet Here.
Guess what? Last night, JJ and I played our roles for the Miami Heat and they WON THE 2012 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!
Before going any further, all of us here at Casa Jet salute and honor what OKC, (the Oklahoma City Thunder), brought to the finals: talent aplenty, great coaching by Mr. Scott, and best of all, awesome sportsmanship. Our K9 pals and their Mom over at Dogs n Pawz have demonstrated an elite level of sportsmanship over the series, wishing us luck and respecting the play of our team as we have theirs. OKC retains a bright future bringing back a young team with a deeper perspective next season. They honored themselves, their team, their owners, their fans and their city.
Very few observers in the media or on the streets believed the HEATcould pull off this victory. For those unfamiliar with basketball in this millennium, many professional teams amass two to three stars (like our big three: the King – Mr. Lebron (James), Flash or DWade – Mr. Dwayne (Wade) and CB – Mr.Chris (Bosh)) and then fill in their rosters with “role players.” Role players sacrifice personal glory (scoring, star designations) and take on the jobs the team needs. Last night, Mr. Mike (Miller), Mr. Mario (Chalmers), Mr. Shane (Battier) and Mr. Norris (Cole) executed their roles flawlessly.
Now, just for the record, in case you are unaware, JJ and I have executed our roles flawlessly too. We:
- Stayed awake for all the games during the playoff season, (ok, mostly…)
- Held our “empty the tank requests” until after the game or until Mom felt comfortable “pausing” the action,
- We barked in agreement with Mom’s cheering,
- We gave Mom support on the couch when she worried about the close games,
- We showed up on time and wearing colors, (on time being a BIG DEAL in Miami!)
- During time outs or between quarters, we listened to Mom’s coaching (send the team your best good luck, guys, they need your help, you can do it, kiss, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, hug) and carried out her tasks.
- Cuddled with Mom during close fourth quarters,
- Let her bury her head in our fur and peak through to see how the team was doing.
- Let Mom sleep a little later the morning after the games.
Mom, for playing our roles in superior fashion, like the guys on the team, do we get a championship ring, huh? Huh? A championship hat? A t-shirt? Something? I’m working on it, Jetty, I’m working on it.
Another great, Congratulations to the Miami Heat, day.